Saturday 16 November 2013

Sewing machine, I missed you...

When a new baby arrives, you don't really have much time for anything else but her/him...


For months now, I have been craving some "me-Time". I love sewing and crafting, and I miss working in my little special room... So, I took a few hours off from my "mummy's duties" and I decided to sew my first dress for Shannon...


I went through my precious patterns, magazine and internet tutorials, and I finally found a fun and easy dress and bloomer to make.

Then, I choose a nice fabric...


I have a LARGE selection of fabrics: cotton, jersey, lace, knitting, etc... I cannot help myself, if I see a nice fabric in a shop or online, I have to have it! It's so addicting! 


I've worked on the dress for two days... If there wasn't any crying-baby emergencies, I'm sure I could finish it in a few hours, but 'hey', my children come ALWAYS first... I feel quite lucky I actually got to go into my special room in the first place, so no complains!


... and, here it is! My sweet little girl first dress made by me!!! It also has my Sweet 'Lavender and Chili Flakes' tag!



... Because my not-so-secret dream is to have my own little shop, so that I can sell my precious crafts and handmade clothes... 


... But for now it is just a dream, and I love dreaming, so, don't wake me up yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment